October 29th, 2014
We have another recipe for you guys using our new flavor of chicken sausage: Sweet Asian! As you read along with the recipe, you may notice that I did not add too many additional flavors. Initially, I planned on tossing in a bit of hoisin sauce, salt, and/or soy sauce. But as I was nearing the end of my cooking, I noticed that the ingredients themselves already provided just enough flavor, just as long as you don’t eat the noodles on their own, without at least a small strip of chicken sausage in your mouth! If the flavor is too light for you, please feel free to adjust as needed. With all that said, this recipe is fairly healthy in terms of sodium and fat intake!
The rice noodles that I used were thin, flat rice noodles, similar to the same kind used in Pad Thai dishes. You can use any variety of rice noodles dishes in this recipe.
Stir-Fried Noodles with Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, & Baby Bok Choy (recipe page)
• 3 links of Thin ‘n Trim Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, sliced into strips
• 1 package of rice noodles
• 1 cup shittake mushrooms, sliced
• 1 baby bok choy, chopped
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 shallot, sliced
• 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
• 1 tsbp. olive oil
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• scallions, chopped
• ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
2. In a pan or wok, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat.
3. When the oil is heated, add in the minced garlic and sliced shallot. Cook for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add in the chopped onions, and cook 2 minutes until partially translucent.