April 28th, 2014
Unfortunately, we are still experiencing a few chilly days and nights this Spring! The following heart-healthy recipe is very quick to make. I opted to use Chipotle & Peach Salsa Chicken Sausage for that extra hint of spice. However, this soup will probably work with any of our delicious flavors, and even our chicken hot dogs! Feel free to add any additional vegetables of your choosing. This soup works well alone, but you can also serve it over rice or pasta, and top it with grated cheese.
White Bean, Chicken Sausage, & Escarole Soup (recipe page)
• 1 package of Thin ‘n Trim Chipotle & Peach Salsa Chicken Sausage, sliced
• 1 head of escarole, chopped
• 1 can of cannellini beans
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 2 tbsp. olive oil
• 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Heat a pot over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
2. When the oil is heated, add the chicken sausage garlic slices. Cook until lightly browned.