- French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Hot Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Red Roast
- Thin ‘n Trim Ham & Pineapple Naan Pizza
- Ham & Spinach Penne Casserole
- Italian Chicken Sausage Soup
- Healthy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Thin ‘n Trim Party Pinwheels
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
By: Susan Chan
Do you love pizza?! Try this Thin 'n Trim twist on the simple margherita pizza. It's a tasty, easy, and healthier option than delivery! Recipe can also be found here.
- Serves: 6-8 slices
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 links of Thin 'n Trim Wildfire Buffalo Chicken Sausage
- 1 hothouse tomato
- 3 oz. of fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp. shredded mozzarella (optional)
- 1 12" pizza crust
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. If you are using a baking stone, be sure to keep that in the oven as the oven is preheating.
- Cut the 2 links of Thin ‘n Trim into 1/4-inch slices.
- (optional) If you want the chicken sausage slices to have a slight crunch, heat a pan over medium high on the stovetop. When heated, add the chicken sausage slices, and brown them on both sides. Set aside. Note: no oil was used here!
- Cut the tomato horizontally, into 1/4 inch slices, much like you’re slicing them for sandwiches.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into slices as well.
- Lay the pizza crust on a clean surface.
- Brush 1 tsp. of olive oil over the pizza crust, making sure to stay about 1/2 inch from the edge all around.
- Spread marinara sauce over the pizza crust.
- Add mozzarella slices, followed by basil leaves* and tomato slices.
- Top the pizza with the chicken sausage slices.
- Slide the pizza into the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes, unless your crust directions say otherwise. Note: About 5 minutes in, I topped the pizza with 1 tbsp. of shredded mozzarella.
- When the pizza is done baking, take it out of the oven, slice it, and serve!