- Polenta with Spinach, Chicken Sausage, Tomatoes & Poached Egg
- Burgers Cordon Bleu
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Mexican One Pot Chicken Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
- Potato & Ham Soup
- Creamy Orzo with Chicken Sausage
- Thin ‘n Trim Party Pinwheels
- Italian Chicken Sausage Soup
- Nicolette’s Greek Style Chicken Sausages
"This burger is a play on the ingredients of the classic stuffed chicken breast recipe. Ham is blended with the ground chicken, and the patty is topped with flavorful Swiss cheese. Recipe may be halved."
Source: Hannaford fresh magazine May - June 2011, pg. 43
- Serves: 4
- 1 1/4 lb ground chicken
- 4 slices reduced-fat and reduced-sodium Virginia baked ham (such as Thin 'n Trim), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 each whole grain or whole wheat Hamburger buns
- 4 each Fresh romaine lettuce leaf
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red pepper, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 slices (about 3 oz.) reduced-fat low sodium Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Reduced-fat mayonnaise (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, ham, mustard, and pepper. Mix until just blended. Form into 4 patties, about 4 inches across. Mixture will be sticky and may seem too wet, but it will firm up nicely as it cooks.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, spray with vegetable cooking spray. Add patties to the pan. Cook until nicely browned, about 6 minutes, then flip. Cook an additional 6 to 7 minutes, so that chicken is completely cooked through. Alternately, cook on a preheated grill.
- While the patties cook, toast the hamburger buns.
- To assemble, layer romaine leaves and red pepper pieces on the bottom half of each bun. Top with patties and a slice of cheese. If desired, spread underside of each bun top with 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise, then place on top of patties.