- Sara’s Chicken Sausage Spinach Pie
- French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Ham & Cheese Eggplant Bake
- Vegetable Soup a la Jessica
- Thin ‘n Trim Ham & Pineapple Naan Pizza
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Tomato & Chicken Sausage Bruschetta
- Ham Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
- Roasted Chicken Hot Dogs with New Potatoes
- Baked Sausage Florentine
By: Susan C.
A flavorful casserole using thin sliced potatoes, our low sodium, low fat ham steak, onions, cheese, a milk sauce, and topped with fresh parsley.
Recipe blog can be found here
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak, diced
- 2 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar jack cheese
- fresh parsley leaves, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a square casserole dish.
- Heat 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and whisk for 1 minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in the milk.
- Return pan to heat and bring to a simmer. Continue whisking.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small skillet, melt 1/2 tbsp. of butter. Add onions and cook about 2-3 minutes until translucent and golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the milk sauce in the baking dish.
- Layer half of the sliced potatoes.
- Taking half of the onions, add a layer on the potatoes.
- Add a layer of half of the diced ham.
- Spread out 1 cup of the cheddar jack cheese.
- Add another 1/3 of the milk sauce. Repeat the layering of potatoes, onions, ham, and cheese. Pour the remaining milk sauce on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden.
- Serve topped with diced parsley leaves.