- Burgers Cordon Bleu
- French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Grilled Portabella and Turkey Muffuletta
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken & Sausage
- Mango Glazed Mahi Mahi with Apple Cinnamon Sausage
- Creamy Orzo with Chicken Sausage
- Roasted Chicken Hot Dogs with New Potatoes
- Acorn Squash with Sage and Apple Cinnamon Chicken Sausage Stuffing
- Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps with Leek and Grilled Red Pepper and Sesame Dipping Sauce
By: Susan, adapted from seriouseats.com
A healthy and delicious stuffing recipe using our Thin 'n Trim chicken sausage.
- Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 medium Granny Smith apples, cored, chopped, not peeled
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 6 cups whole wheat bread cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1-1/2 cup reduced sodium, low fat chicken broth
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- In a small pot, boil 2-3 cups of water. When the water boils, toss in the dried cranberries, remove from heat, and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a nonstick skillet, melt 1 tbsp. of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chopped chicken sausage pieces, and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Spoon the chicken sausage pieces into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 1 tbsp. of butter.
- Add in the chopped onions, apples, celery, and poultry seasoning.
- Cook and stir for about 4-5 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Kill the heat, and add in the drained cranberries, sage, and rosemary.
- Pour the chicken sausage back into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add the bread cubes and parsley and stir to combine.
- Pour in chicken broth so that everything is moist.
- Add in the salt and black pepper and stir.
- Transfer the stuffing into a baking dish, and bake for about 20-30 minutes, until the top is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!