- Sara’s Chicken Sausage Spinach Pie
- Hot Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Zucchini, Eggplant, and Sausage Over Couscous
- Deb’s Spicy Ricey One-Dish Supper
- Mexican One Pot Chicken Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- Grilled Portabella and Turkey Muffuletta
- Delicious & Nutritious Chicken Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing
- Kickin’ Chicken Tortilla
- French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
By: Susan C.
Side-stepping from the traditional recipe for lasagna, the following is a recipe that includes zucchini, baby spinach, and hot Italian chicken sausage.
? Recipe inspired by Ruffles and Truffles.
? A more detailed look at the recipe can be found in our blog.
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Hot Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced into discs
- olive oil
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into discs
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (about 24 oz.)
- 9 sheets of lasagna pasta
- 1 egg, lightly beat
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 10-15 fresh basil leaves
- shredded mozzarella
- If using lasagna pasta sheets that need to be boiled, then follow the package directions as instructed. You will need enough sheets to make three layers in a 9″ x 9″ baking dish. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, saute the baby spinach in 2 tsp. olive oil until lightly cooked. Removed from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. olive oil. When the oil is heated, add the chicken sausage pieces. Cook until browned (about 3-5 minutes), remove from skillet, and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tsp. of olive oil. When heated, add the zucchini discs, minced garlic, and the salt. Cook until the zucchini is lightly cooked, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine the ricotta with the lightly beaten egg.
- Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking dish.?
- Spoon about 1/4 of the pasta sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Add one layer of lasagna pasta sheets.
- Spread about 1/2 of the ricotta and egg mixture across the pasta sheets.
- Add a layer of 1/2 of each of the toppings: zucchini, chicken sausage, spinach, basil leaves.
- Spoon another 1/4 of the pasta sauce evenly across the toppings.
- Repeat Steps 9-12 for a second layer of everything.
- Make one last layer of pasta sheets.
- Top with the remaining amount of pasta sauce.
- Sprinkle the dish even with shredded mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.