- Healthy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Creamy Orzo with Chicken Sausage
- Deb’s Spicy Ricey One-Dish Supper
- Ham & Spinach Penne Casserole
- Tomato & Chicken Sausage Bruschetta
- Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Pockets
- Ham-Stuffed Eggplants
- Baked Sausage Florentine
- Pasta Roma
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
By: Susan C.
These healthy stuffed shells are filled with Thin 'n Trim chicken sausage, spinach, onion, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese. Serve these as a main dish or as finger food appetizers for any gathering!
A more detailed look at the recipe can be found here
- Serves: 7 (with 5 shells per serving)
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 4 links of Thin 'n Trim Spinach & Red Onion Chicken Sausage
- Jumbo Stuffed Pasta Shells
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can "no salt added" diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup diced baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp. parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp. cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the jumbo pasta shells according to directions. Drain and keep the shells in a bowl of cold water until ready for use.
- Dice and brown the chicken sausage in a heated skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and diced onion, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the cup of spinach, making sure to drain it of excess water, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the diced mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat off or remove the pan from the stove.
- Add the ricotta and stir well.
- Remove the shells from the bowl of cold water.
- Spoon the chicken sausage mixture into each shell.
- Assemble the shells in your choice of bakeware.
- Top the shells with the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges of the shells are golden brown.
- Remove the shells from the oven. Enjoy!