- Jessica’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Mexican One Pot Chicken Sausage & Pasta Skillet
- Kale, Red Bean & Chipotle Chicken Sausage Hash
- Thin ‘n Trim Party Pinwheels
- Ham & Cheese Eggplant Bake
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Roasted Chicken Hot Dogs with New Potatoes
- Stir-Fried Noodles with Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, & Baby Bok Choy
- Buffalo Chicken Margherita Pizza
- Grilled Portabella and Turkey Muffuletta
By: Susan C.
Thin 'n Trim's new Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage adds a twist to a rather common Chinese dish.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 links of Thin 'n Trim Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, chopped
- 2 cups sweet rice (glutinous rice)
- 1 cup chopped shiitake mushrooms (roughly 10 whole)
- 1.5 oz dried shrimp, diced
- 1-2 tbsp. soy sauce
- chopped scallions for garnish
- In a large pot, combine 2 cups of glutinous rice with about 3 cups of water. Set aside and let it soak for 30 minutes – 2 hours. Soaking the rice longer will provide a better texture.
- Soak the dried shrimp in a small bowl for about 15 minutes.
- If your shiitake mushrooms are dried, soak them in water for about 15 minutes to rehydrate them.
- Chop/dice the dried shrimp and mushrooms when ready.
- Chop the Sweet Asian chicken sausage into small pieces.
- In a pan or wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil. When heated, add the chopped chicken sausage. Let it cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and 1-2 tbsp. of soy sauce, and continue cooking for about another 3 minutes.
- Place the large pot of soaked rice onto the stove, over medium-low heat.
- Pour the sausage-mushroom-shrimp mixture on top of the rice.
- Cover and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes. Adjust the heat as needed to not let it over-boil.
- When the rice is fully cooked through, remove from heat, and stir the pot.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and serve.