- Kale, Red Bean & Chipotle Chicken Sausage Hash
- Hot Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Stir-Fried Noodles with Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, & Baby Bok Choy
- Gluten-Free Mediterranean Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Pockets
- Roasted Chicken Hot Dogs with New Potatoes
- Healthy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Ham-Stuffed Eggplants
By: Susan C.
A healthy, quick and easy dish using Thin 'n Trim chicken sausage, zucchini, onion, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, and orzo.
Recipe inspired by Table for Two blog
- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package Thin 'n Trim Garden Vegetable Chicken Sausage
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into discs, then quartered
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups orzo, uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tbsp. olive oil.
- When the oil is heated, add in the chopped onions & the quartered zucchini discs. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, the chicken sausage pieces, and the garlic powder. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the orzo to the mix. Toast for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil. When boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and the heavy cream. Stir and cook for another 5-7 minutes, or until as creamy as you’d desire.
- Add the salt and some pepper, to taste. Serve hot.