- Ham-Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing
- Ham Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
- Vegetable Soup a la Jessica
- Chicken Sausage Lasagna with Zucchini & Spinach
- Chicken Sausage Jambalaya
- Hot Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Salad
- Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps with Leek and Grilled Red Pepper and Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Mango Glazed Mahi Mahi with Apple Cinnamon Sausage
By: Anne M.
A delicious and healthy stuffed pepper recipe submitted by Anne, using Thin 'n Trim All Natural Chicken Sausage. Add a tossed salad to make a completely delicious meal.
- 4 medium red, green, yellow, or orange bell peppers (washed with stems & seeds removed)
- 2 sausages from one package Thin 'n Trim Chicken Sausage (I used Chipotle Peach)
- 1 box chicken-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 - 3/4 c. marinara spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Arrange prepared peppers in baking dish. *Note: If peppers aren’t standing up straight, trim the bottoms a bit so that they sit up in the dish.
- Prepare stuffing mix per package directions (I omit the margarine or butter & add just a little extra water to the mix so it’s not dry and saves me calories too!).
- Cut sausages into small bite-size pieces and add to stuffing. Mix thoroughly.
- Stuff peppers with mixture.
- Top with just enough marinara sauce to cover tops of peppers.
- Place approx. 1/2 inch of cold water in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 – 60 minutes, or until peppers are fork-tender.
- Serve with some extra marinara sauce on the side, if desired.
- Add a tossed salad to make a completely delicious meal.