- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Deb’s Spicy Ricey One-Dish Supper
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
- Italian Chicken Sausage Soup
- Acorn Squash with Sage and Apple Cinnamon Chicken Sausage Stuffing
- Vegetable Soup a la Jessica
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells
- Baked Sausage Florentine
- Chinese Sticky Rice with Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, & Dried Shrimp
- 1½ pounds of deli sliced Thin 'n Trim Ham
- 1 package sliced part skim, low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 32 oz. jar tomato basil sauce
- 1 medium size eggplant
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Wash and slice eggplant lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices and set aside. Spray the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place ¼ cup of sauce into the bottom of the dish. Next arrange one layer of eggplant, spread 4 tablespoons of sauce on top, add one layer of sliced cheese, and add one layer of Thin ‘n Trim’s low sodium sliced ham. Spread 4 tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of ham and repeat steps until you fill up your baking dish. On the final layer pour remaining sauce on top and place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes, slice and serve. This is a great way to make a vegetable lasagna and cut down on your carbohydrates.
Chef Rick Tip
Brown ½ cup of finely chopped Thin ‘n Trim’s low sodium Italian Chicken Sausage and add it to the tomato sauce layers for a healthy, hearty and meaty lasagna.