- Buffalo Chicken Margherita Pizza
- Sara’s Chicken Sausage Spinach Pie
- Jessica’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Shells
- Ham-Stuffed Zucchini
- Thin ‘n Trim Party Pinwheels
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Salad
- Creamy Orzo with Chicken Sausage
- Buffalo “Wings”…Without the Worry!
- Mexican One Pot Chicken Sausage & Pasta Skillet
By: Susan C.
An easy pasta casserole dish using diced ham steak, spinach, Swiss cheese, and a homemade country gravy sauce.
- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak, diced
- 8 oz. penne pasta
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 10oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- As the pasta is cooking, prepare the gravy.
- Heat a pot over medium high heat and melt the butter.
- Add the flour into the pot while whisking it in. Add the salt and the pepper and continue whisking until it is a bit pasty and browned.
- Gradually whisk in the milk. Continue stirring and cooking until the gravy thickens.
- Whisk in the mustard and the spinach.
- Next, add the cheese and stir.
- In a 9″ x 9″ baking dish, spread a bit of the mixed gravy, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Return to the pot, and add in the diced ham steak.
- Now combine the pasta with the ham & gravy mix, stirring to evenly coat the pasta.
- Dump this new mix into the baking dish.
- Cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!