- Mango Glazed Mahi Mahi with Apple Cinnamon Sausage
- Vegetable Soup a la Jessica
- Italian Chicken Sausage Soup
- Tomato & Chicken Sausage Bruschetta
- Potato & Ham Soup
- Cheesy Ham & Broccoli Pockets
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken & Sausage
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
- Ham & Spinach Penne Casserole
- Ham & Cheese Eggplant Bake
By: Susan C.
A nice way to enjoy our ham steaks with fresh eggplants. The stuffing is made with our ham steaks, mushrooms, mini sweet peppers, onions, and the eggplants themselves. For a more in-depth look at the recipe (or to cook it with our Ham-Stuffed Zucchinis, read our blog post!)
- Serves: 4 eggplant halves
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 small eggplants (about 4-5")
- 1/4 cup Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak, cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini sweet peppers, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Clean the eggplants, and cut them in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle of each of the eggplant halves, leaving about a 1/3 – 1/2 inch thickness.
- Chop up eggplant “pulp” and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a heated pan.
- Add the chopped eggplant pulp, mushrooms, onions, and sweet peppers.
- Cook until the onions are translucent and the eggplant is soft.
- Add in the cubed ham steak, salt and pepper, cooking for about another minute.
- Add the sour cream and stir well.
- Remove from heat and get ready for stuffing.
- Spoon the eggplant stuffing into each of the eggplant halves.
- Evenly divide the 1 1/2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese to top each of the stuffed eggplant halves.
- Place all of the stuffed halves into a greased baking dish. Bake for roughly 25-30 minutes, until the top is toasted and the halves are heated through.
- Remove from heat, serve & enjoy!