- Delicious & Nutritious Chicken Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Buffalo “Wings”…Without the Worry!
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Creamy Orzo with Chicken Sausage
- White Bean, Chicken Sausage, and Escarole Soup
- Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps with Leek and Grilled Red Pepper and Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken Sausage – via A Mind “Full” Mom
- Ham-Stuffed Eggplants
- Jessica’s Italian Pasta Salad
By: Susan C.
A nice way to enjoy our ham steaks with fresh zucchini. The stuffing is made with our ham steaks, mushrooms, mini sweet peppers, and onions. The toasted panko adds a nice little crunch to these tasty zucchinis! For a more in-depth look at the recipe (or to cook it with our Ham-Stuffed Eggplants, read our blog post!)
- Serves: 4 zucchini halves
- Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 long zucchinis (about 8")
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak, cubed
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 oz. mushrooms, chopped
- 3 oz. onions, chopped
- 2 oz. mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- Clean each of the zucchinis and cut them in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and pulp from the middle of each of the zucchini halves, leaving about a 1/3 – 1/2 inch thickness.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter in a heated pan.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, and sweet peppers, cooking until the onions are translucent and the peppers are somewhat soft.
- ?Add in the cubed ham steak, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, cooking for another minute.
- Add the salt, ground pepper, and cayenne pepper and stir well.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spoon the stuffing into each of the zucchini halves.
- Mix the parmesan cheese and the panko.
- Top the stuffed zucchini halves with the panko-cheese mixture.
- Place all of the stuffed halves into a greased baking dish.
- Bake for roughly 25-30 minutes, until the top is toasted and the halves are heated through.
- Remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!