- Roasted Chicken Hot Dogs with New Potatoes
- Chinese Sticky Rice with Sweet Asian Chicken Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, & Dried Shrimp
- Ham & Spinach Penne Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Margherita Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Salad
- Sara’s Chicken Sausage Spinach Pie
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Delicious & Nutritious Chicken Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
- Ham-Stuffed Eggplants
- Red Roast
By: Susan Chan
Using Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak with this Fried Rice recipe definitely makes this dish much healthier than ones using ham steaks from other brands! This dish is low in fat, low in sodium, and quick and easy to prepare! More details about this dish can be found here.
- Serves: 4-6
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 packages of Thin 'n Trim Ham Steak, cut into cubes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- chili paste to taste (optional)
1. Heat a pan on medium high. Add 2 tsp. olive oil. Toss in all the vegetables, along with the garlic powder and the salt.
2. Cook for 4 minutes, or until tender to your taste.
3. Add the cubed ham steak. Cook for another 2 minutes.
4. In a small skillet, heat 1 tsp. olive oil. Add the 2 eggs and scramble to your liking. Set aside. Note: some people prefer to scramble the eggs in the same pot as the vegetables, as they are cooking. I prefer a separate skillet to scramble the eggs with greater ease.
5. Add the 2 cups of rice to the pan with the vegetables and the ham.
6. Add 2 tbsp. soy sauce. You can add more if more taste is needed. Stir for 4 minutes.
7. Add the scrambled eggs. Toss in 2 tsp. of sesame oil. Continue to stir for 2 minutes.
8. Add chili paste to taste, if desired.
9. Remove from stovetop and serve hot.