- Chicken Sausage Lasagna with Zucchini & Spinach
- Kickin’ Chicken Tortilla
- Pasta Roma
- Baked Sausage Florentine
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Thin ‘n Trim Party Pinwheels
- Zucchini, Eggplant, and Sausage Over Couscous
- Ham & Cheese Eggplant Bake
- Nicolette’s Greek Style Chicken Sausages
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
By: Susan C.
A quick and easy soup to keep you warm on any chilly day. This healthy soup is cooked with potatoes, spinach, stewed tomatoes, onions, zucchini, and low sodium, low fat chicken sausages!
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 garlic gloves, chopped
- 2 cans of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes, no salt added
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium zucchinis, in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 package of frozen spinach, slightly thawed
- black pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Heat a grill or a pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Cut small slices into (or poke) the chicken sausages, and heat all sides of the chicken sausages on the grill or pan.
- Remove the chicken sausages, and cut them into 1/4 inch slices. Set aside.
- Heat a dutch oven on the stove over medium heat and add olive oil.
- When heated, add garlic cloves, chopped onion, and the sliced chicken sausages. Stir until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, and cubed potatoes.
- Increase the heat to medium high, cover, and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the zucchini slices, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the slightly thawed frozen spinach. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes, or until spinach moves freely.
- Add in a bit of grated parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste.
- Turn the stove off and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Serve hot, topped with more parmesan cheese, and crackers, if desired.