- Buffalo “Wings”…Without the Worry!
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
- French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Potato & Ham Soup
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
- Polenta with Spinach, Chicken Sausage, Tomatoes & Poached Egg
- Pasta Roma
- Ham Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
By: Susan C.
A Mexican-inspired one pot pasta recipe using our Chipotle & Peach Salsa chicken sausages, black beans, tomatoes, and queso fresco. No salt added! Easy to make with less dishes to wash!
- Serves: 4-6
- 3 links of Thin 'n Trim Chipotle & Peach Salsa Chicken Sausage, sliced & quartered
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1-3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 8 oz. of small shell pasta (or your choice)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 7 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
- Heat a skillet over medium heat on the stove. Add olive oil to heated skillet.
- Toss in diced onion and bell pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken sausage pieces, garlic powder, cumin, and paprika. Cook for about 5 minutes, until chicken sausage is browned.
- Add the can of black beans. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, chicken broth, and milk. Bring the contents to a boil.
- Add the pasta and diced tomato. Cover the skillet, reduce the heat a bit, and let the contents cook for about 20 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked through and has absorbed the broth.
- Turn the stove off. Add in the cilantro and the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and everything is evenly mixed.
- Serve either as is, with tortilla chips, or with a bit of salsa on top!