- Thin ‘n Trim Ham & Pineapple Naan Pizza
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Gluten-Free Mediterranean Pizza
- Acorn Squash with Sage and Apple Cinnamon Chicken Sausage Stuffing
- Tomato & Chicken Sausage Bruschetta
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Salad
- Roast Pork with Garlic and Red Pepper
- Pasta Roma
- Polenta with Spinach, Chicken Sausage, Tomatoes & Poached Egg
By: Susan C.
A hearty polenta dish topped with spinach, chicken sausage, grape tomatoes, and a poached egg. With a hint of garlic flavor, this easy dish is best served hot.
- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 package of Thin 'n Trim Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced into discs
- 1/2 tbsp. oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 small package of grape tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 5-6 oz. baby spinach
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh shredded white cheddar
- 1 egg per serving
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Pour in the cornmeal slowly while whisking continuously.
- Stir in 1 tsp. of salt and continue whisking until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Continue cooking for about 25 minutes, whisking every 5 or 10 minutes.
- When the mixture in the saucepan is creamy and thickened into a porridge consistency, then your polenta is done.
- Remove the polenta from heat and stir in the cheese until the cheese has melted. Cover and set aside.
- When the polenta is about 10 minutes from finishing, prepare the topping.
Chicken Sausage Topping
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken sausages. Cook for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add minced garlic and chili flakes and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the package of grape tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes, until soft.
- Add half of the spinach to the skillet. When the leaves begin to wilt, add the second half of spinach.
- Cook until all the spinach is silky, but still bright green.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt, stir, and remove from heat.
Egg Poaching & Serving
- Fill a small pot or saucepan with about 2-3 inches of water and heat over medium-high heat. Get your eggs ready by cracking each into a small bowl or cup.
- When the water is boiling, reduce heat to low. Slip the eggs into the water one at a time. If you are not eating the entire dish in one sitting, then only prepare as many eggs as servings for that sitting. The poached eggs are best when freshly poached. Cook each egg for about 4-1/2 minutes for a runny yolk (or longer to your liking of yolk).
- Prepare each serving by spooning polenta into the bottom of a bowl. Scoop the chicken sausage topping over the polenta.
- When an egg is done cooking, remove it from the water with a slotted spoon and place it on the polenta, next to the topping. Repeat for the remaining bowls.
- Sprinkle extra chili flakes or cheese on top and serve hot.