- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Roast Pork with Garlic and Red Pepper
- Grilled Portabella and Turkey Muffuletta
- Buffalo “Wings”…Without the Worry!
- Chicken Sausage Lasagna with Zucchini & Spinach
- Fully Loaded Beanie Weanies
- Delicious & Nutritious Chicken Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
- Healthy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Thin ‘n Trim Ham & Pineapple Naan Pizza
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
By: Susan C.
A delicious and hearty soup using our healthy ham steak, potatoes, celery, onions, topped with fresh scallions.
Recipe blog can be found here
- Serves: 4
- 1 package of Thin ?n Trim Ham Steak, diced
- 3 1/2 cups of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 5 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- scallions, diced
- Combine ham, potatoes, celery, onion, and water in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in chicken bouillon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour for about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the milk. Return to heat and bring to a simmer, still whisking.
- Continue stirring for about 4-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the sauce into the pot and cook the soup for a few more minutes, until heated through.
- Serve topped with diced scallions.