- Buffalo Chicken Margherita Pizza
- Gluten-Free Mediterranean Pizza
- Mango Glazed Mahi Mahi with Apple Cinnamon Sausage
- Delicious & Nutritious Chicken Sausage-Stuffed Peppers
- Ham-Stuffed Eggplants
- Buffalo Chicken Sausage Breakfast Burrito
- Kale, Red Bean & Chipotle Chicken Sausage Hash
- Sara’s Chicken Sausage Spinach Pie
- White Bean, Chicken Sausage, and Escarole Soup
- Jessica’s Italian Pasta Salad
By: Susan C.
A tasty slow cooker meal using chicken breast and Thin 'n Trim Spicy Italian chicken sausage. Cooked for 5 hours, this meal blends the flavors of balsamic vinegar, chicken, and tomatoes. Best served with spaghetti squash over a bowl of orzo.
- Cook Time: 5 hrs.
- Skill Level: easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16-oz. pack of Thin 'n Trim All Natural Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced
- 4-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 spaghetti squash
- cooked orzo (optional)
- Lay the raw chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add 1 tsp. each of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, kosher salt, and onion powder.
- Lay the sliced chicken sausage over the seasoned chicken.
- Top with the garlic cloves.
- Pour the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and balsamic vinegar on top.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and kosher salt.
- Cover and cook on high for five hours.
- About 50 minutes prior to the slow cooker being done,?cut the spaghetti squash in half and spoon out the inside seeds and fibrous strands.
- Roast in the oven, cut side down, for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Turn the oven off, flip the squash halves over, and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- Take a fork and harvest the spaghetti squash.
- Serve the balsamic chicken & sausage over spaghetti squash alone, or over spaghetti squash & cooked orzo. Enjoy!