- Zucchini, Eggplant, and Sausage Over Couscous
- Mango Glazed Mahi Mahi with Apple Cinnamon Sausage
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken & Sausage
- Tomato & Chicken Sausage Bruschetta
- Roast Beef Lettuce Wraps with Leek and Grilled Red Pepper and Sesame Dipping Sauce
- Polenta with Spinach, Chicken Sausage, Tomatoes & Poached Egg
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Healthy Ham Fried Rice Recipe
- Ham-Stuffed Zucchini
By: Susan C.
A quick and tasty rice pilaf side dish using your favorite flavor of Thin 'n Trim chicken sausage, spinach, and onions. Ready in about 30 minutes!
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3 links of any flavor of Thin 'n Trim Chicken Sausage
- 1 1/2 cup of uncooked long-grain white rice (I just used the jasmine rice that I already have at home)
- 1/2 bag of frozen spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/4 stick of butter (2 tbsp.)
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium high.
- Once melted, add the rice to the pan and stir it for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped onions and continue to cook and stir until the onions are translucent.
- In a separate pan, heat the links of chicken sausage.
- When the sausages are slightly browned, remove from the pan and cut them into small pieces. The size is up to you.
- Add the chicken sausages, frozen spinach, chicken broth, and bouillon cubes into the pan.
- Reduce the heat slightly so that the contents are at a simmer. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 25-30 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve.