- Ham & Spinach Penne Casserole
- Caramelized Onion and Roast Beef Steak Fries
- Red Roast
- Baked Sausage Florentine
- Chicken Sausage, Apple, and Cranberry Stuffing
- Jessica’s Italian Pasta Salad
- Deb’s Spicy Ricey One-Dish Supper
- Burgers Cordon Bleu
- Spinach, Onion, & Chicken Sausage Rice Pilaf
- Pasta Roma
By: Debbie, New Jersey
- Serves: 8
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 28 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups cooked couscous
- 2 packs Thin n' Trim All Natural Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage with Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 5 second spray of soybean oil based cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cube the eggplant and zucchini. Mix with 2 tbs olive oil in a large bowl. Place in a 13x9x3 pan. Cook uncovered for 35 minutes until soft and slightly browned. Stir halfway through cooking.
- Prepare couscous as directed by its packaging and keep it warm.
- Chop garlic. Slice sausage. Spray cooking spray in the bottom of a 5 quart saucepan or Dutch oven and heat on medium high. Add sausage, let it brown about three minutes, then add garlic. Stir frequently until garlic is fragrant, about three more minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes. Stir the mixture with a metal spatula, scrape the bottom of the pan. Add salt and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Once it comes to a full boil, turn heat to low. Add eggplant and zucchini. Stir. Cover and let simmer for ten minutes.
- Serve over couscous.